Marine Propulsion & Auxiliary Machinery is pleased to announce the second European Marine Intelligence conference which will be held in Hamburg, Germany. This event will see distinguished leaders in the field of digital innovation address key developments and technologies that are shaping digital transformation in shipping. Presenters will demystify common misconceptions while providing clear strategic and practical insights into how digital and data solutions can deliver significant operational efficiencies, and improve financial performance.
Big Data and IoT have been cited as the most disruptive technologies to hit shipping in decades. This conference will present a blueprint for senior executives responsible for understanding and implementing these and other emerging digital technologies.
Key themes of the programme include:
• Case study insights from industry leaders who have taken the lead by implementing digital solutions
• Blue-sky thinking: How the marine industry can benefit immediately by using their existing data and infrastructure
• Business case for and against investments into digital technologies, understanding and dealing with real concerns of the industry
• Benchmarking opportunities with case study insights from companies within and outside of the shipping industry
• Current market data, trends, and developments will explain why it is important to act now
View the 2017 conference photos here.
"You’re going to see the industry leaders break out and start implementing this technology sooner than you think… The smart ones see it and are taking action on it now, but the ones currently in denial are going to be impacted.”
Tim Schweikert, Chief Executive, GE Transportation